FUTURES REHAB is proud to provide the highest level of pain relief with the Deep Tissue Therapy Laser.
Laser Therapy is a surgery-free, drug-free option for individuals suffering from both acute and chronic pain. Treatments are fast, safe, and painless. Most patients begin seeing beneficial results in 3 to 5 treatment sessions.
Deep Tissue Therapy Laser is FDA cleared and represents a great advance in the latest proven medical technology. FUTURES REHAB is proud to provide another effective treatment option to our patients with this latest proven technology. Deep Tissue Laser Therapy is a cash based service and not billed to any insurance company.
What is Laser Therapy?
Laser Therapy is also known as photobiomodulation. It entails the use of specific wavelengths of light (red and near infrared) to generate a photochemical response in damaged or dysfunctional tissue.
The laser works by creating an increase of vasodilatation (blood supply), bringing in oxygen to the cells. It stimulates the lymphatic system, pulling edema and inflammation from the area. ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) production is stimulated in the cells helping them have the energy to function normally. The pain reflex is broken, offering immediate relief.
Laser Therapy can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation and accelerate recovery from a wide range of acute and chronic clinical conditions. Significant reduction of edema (swelling) has been noted and tissues are better able to move fluids out through lymphatic drainage pathways.
Cleared by the FDA in 2003, Laser Therapy has become standard of care for many musculoskeletal injuries. Lasers can penetrate over 4 inches into the deep musculoskeletal tissue. The number of treatments required depends on the nature of the problem and the length of time the patient has been affected by it. Some conditions may be resolved with as few as one treatment. However, chronic and/or deep-seated conditions may take as many as 10 to12 treatments.
Laser Therapy is clinically proven to reduce pain and inflammation associated with many common musculoskeletal conditions, such as low back pain, sciatica, tendonitis, and plantar fasciitis. Laser Therapy is endorsed by professional clinical organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), and the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP®) and over 3,000 research studies have been conducted in the field. There are no known side effects from LASER therapy and the results are long lasting.
Laser Therapy has been proven to be effective for a wide variety of conditions. Some of them include:
- Neurogenic Pain
- Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Post-traumatic Injury
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Degenerative Joint Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Chronic Non-Healing Wounds
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Back and Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Myofascial Trigger Points
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Sprains, Strains
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Plantar Fasciitis
Is Laser therapy painful?
No, the therapy is painless and totally non-invasive. There is just a deep, gentle warmth as your body's cells respond to the light.
Is Laser Therapy safe
The FDA has proven that laser therapy is safe. The only contraindication (warning) is for use directly in the eye, over torsos of pregnant women, patients with active cancer diagnosis, and for patients taking photosensitive (light-sensitive) medications.
Does Laser therapy really work?
Yes, research has demonstrated that:
- Injuries treated with Laser Therapy heal faster
- Laser Therapy has a strengthening effect on tissue repair
- Laser Therapy improves blood flow & lymphatic drainage
- It is an effective means of relief for many pain syndromes
- It can improve the immune response
How does the Laser treatment work?
Treatment for pain is performed by using the LASER over the painful area allowing the photon energy to penetrate tissue, where it interacts with various intracellular bio molecules resulting in the restoration of normal cell function. This enhances and essentially speeds the body's natural healing processes.
The treatment process results in a reduction or elimination of symptoms. Additionally, the immune system response is stimulated, Lymphatic drainage is improved, production of growth hormone is increased, and the body's natural healing processes are enhanced and essentially sped up.
What are the effects of Laser Therapy?
- Biostimulation including improved metabolism & increased cell metabolism
- Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation (blood supply)
- Analgesic (pain relieving) effect
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effects
- Acceleration of tissue repair and wound healing
- Relieves acute and chronic pains
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates and improves nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
- Reduces inflammation
- Angiogenesis (improved circulation)
- Reduction in fibrous tissue (scar tissue) formation
- Releases Nitric Oxide
- Increase ATP Production
- Increase Fibroblast Migration
- Increase Macrophage Activity
- Increase Keratinocyte Activity
- Increase RNA DNA Synthesis
- Increase Enzyme Production
- Increase SOD Production
How long is each treatment?
Treatments last between 8 and 20 minutes depending on your injury and the body part being treated.
How many treatments are required before I see results?
You should notice improvements to your condition within 3 to 12 brief treatments. Benefits of treatment are maximized when done in conjunction with exercise.