Manual therapy is a general term used to describe highly skilled techniques that are used to improve the movement of joints and soft tissue like muscles and fascia.
- For pain relief
- For relaxation
- To reduce swelling & inflammation
- To increase the mobility of a joint(s)
- To improve muscle flexibility
- To improve motion
- To reduce and release scar tissue and myofascial restrictions
- To improved mobility of nerves
- To facilitate better movement of the spine, upper extremity (shoulder, elbow, wrist hand/fingers), or lower extremity (hips, knees, ankles, feet)
Common Manual Therapy Techniques
Techniques may include soft tissue mobilization, traction, joint mobilization, joint manipulation, passive range of motion, movement with mobilization, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, and more. Manual therapy is an important component of the rehabilitation process for many of our patients. If you are looking for a practitioner that performs specific manual therapy treatment techniques, please call us for more information.